AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

True inspiration

Lindsey Miller is a 26 year old grad. student, who might be known as the girl who asked Joseph Gordon-Levitt out on a date on YouTube.com. However, she is not a typical 26 year old woman. Diagnosed with pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer Lindsey decided to be a liver! If you know how to read and know what the USA is then you know healthcare is a huge issue, more specifically the expense of healthcare. It is not cheap to be any kind of patient, especially if you are a returning patient. In times like this I am grateful to live in a country where I can visit the doctor whenever I need without having to worry about being able to pay for it. When you visit a doctor in Sweden, whether it be at the hospital or private practice, the price usually does not go over 40 dollars. I had a complicated surgery at the age of 16 which kept me at the hospital for a couple of days but still my parents NEVER had to worry about being able to pay for everything. When you are sick you should not have to think about anything other than getting better, not worry about making payments of the thousands of dollars. Patients like Lindsey should not have to think about anything other than get better and live their life to the fullest.

On her blog Lindsey asks people to help her, whether it be writing a nice and uplifting message, donate money, or share her videos. Go to her page and check it out! She is truly an inspirational woman and I will pray and hope for the best for Lindsey Miller!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Much love!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. ...she decided to be a "liver"? as in, the organ? Just kidding, this girl seems awesome. And if I were single, I'd totally ask Jared Leto out on YouTube!

    ReplyDelete