AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Monday, February 28, 2011

At the Oscars

Getting ready to rewatch the Oscars. Here in Sweden they showed the show (including the red carpet) from midnight to 6.20 am and it is safe to say I fell asleep around 4-5 am. Before I get in to it too much I must say I was so disappointed in James Franco's job. Anne Hathaway pulled her weight and trying to carry James but it actually seemed like he was high! The only thing I really liked with him was when he came out wearing a dress and a wig, saying: "Just got a text from Charlie Sheen", that was hilarious!!! Sorry James, other than that you sucked! They should have had someone else, like Jake Gyllenhaal or Justin Timberlake, guys that will guarantee laughter along with Anne.

When it comes to the fashion I must say some dresses blew me away while others bored, as S. would say, the bejingles out of me!
These blew me away:
Mila Kunis in this lilac Elie Saab dream looked fabulous! Love it!! Absolute a favorite! I want, I want so bad!
Sweet Hailee looks so pretty in this Marchesa creation, perfect for her young 14 years. I would not mind this dress either :-)
Scarlett Johansson is soo sexy in this dress! Color is wonderful, the lace just right, and the back--WOW! Effortless. This Dolce & Gabbana is perfect for Scarlett. Many say that she should have picked something less lacey and give more attention to her hair and makeup but I think that for a woman her age this is a perfect dress.
Mandy Moore has grown up from her "I want Candy" video. This Monique Lhuillier is adorable with the soft, romantic, and flowing silhouette. I could not find a pic of her blue dress she wore when performing with Zach Levi (which I LOVED!!) but it was a cute dress as well.
And the not so wow list:
Sorry Jennifer Hudson. You have lost weight and have a killer body but this dress and your cleavage is a NO NO NO!!!! Did you not look yourself in the mirror? I mean you may not see it in this picture but her boobs looked awful and even though the color may be the color to wear for the summer I still say NO NO NO to this Versace dress on Jennifer. Next time, cover the babies up or tape them so we don't have an ALMOST nip/boob slip, does not belong at the Academy's.
Kind of a boring dress worn by Amy Adams. Don't really know about the Cartier necklace either but I guess it is to spice this dress up. I would not say it is not a nice dress, just boring. Sorry Amy, you usually look like a fairy tale but in this L'Wren Scott piece you looked like--well, the opposite.
I did not know which list to place Halle Berry but the more I look at this dress the more I feel she could do so much better than this Marchesa dress. The ruffles are a little weird, like letting a child randomly gluing it on the dress. Not so impressive, did not pass.
Why dear Melissa Leo, why?! What is this?? This Marc Bouwer dress is yuck. I really did not like the shoulder pads, popped collar and the straight silhouette. This is one way to show how lace does not look good. No, I do not like, not one bit.
Beautiful Jennifer Lawrence wore Calvin Klein which looks so simple. I know her beauty requires very little but this is the 83 annual Academy Award, this is the time to go all out! Too simple for my taste to be worn at the Oscars.
Lovely Anne Hathaway changed several times while hosting the Awards and she wore some really nice dresses but this Valentino was a tad hmmmm....We have seen Anne wear red so many times before and now it is a bit boring. Red really becomes her but we want to see something else. I, for one, loved the white dress she wore during the ceremony.
One of the major disappointments was gorgeous and mom-to-be Natalie Portman. Nominated for Best Actress I would expect her to wear something extravangant but this dress from Rodarte can be found in almost any shop in town. Not only is the dress oh-so-yawn-I'm-losing-years-just-looking-at-it, she also felt she should match everything in the same color. Shoes, earrings, and makeup are all in the same colorscheme, purple. YAWN! Biggest disappointed :-( You can do soo much better Natalie!
But the price for the Ugliest girl in a dress must be James (Jamie?) Franco. Love however the suit Anne is sporting, very beautiful! Sorry James, you win the category of ugliest dress at the Oscars :-)
I know there are many more lovely dresses as well as boring ones but these are the ones that really stuck out to me. I will now enjoy the recap of the Oscars and see who won what (keeping my eyes off of the papers and news channels).
Until later fashionable readers!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment