AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's new day, it's a new dawn, it's a New Year!!

So here it is, another New Year! I consider myself blessed to witness the turn of yet another year surrounded by family! I know every year we make promises about the new year, you can call it New Year's Resolution if you please ;-P, and usually we tend to break them pretty early on (just check out Friends episode with their resolutions haha). This year I did not make a promise like I have before, I did not say; I will lose the kilos (pounds) I have gained, believe me they are many haha. I did not say; I shall put all my power in finding a job or get accepted to Law School (although they would be good to make :-/), I did not say; that this year I shall find Mr. Right at any cost. No, I said that this year I promise myself to just be happy! My New Year's Resolution will be to make myself happy, to be happy at any cost, to block out negativity in my life and bring forth the positivity! People, we have the world at our feet and we can make the very best out of every day wherever and however we please!! We need to push out the I can't and I won't and I shan't, instead we will say, I CAN, I WILL, I SHALL!! If you have a positive mind you will make the impossible possible!!!

The Executive Director of UNICEF, Anthony Lake said (paraphrasing): "our role in society is not to aim for the possible but of course our work will be called the impossible. We try our best to make the impossible become possible. If we are not to do it then who is? Why are we even in this line of work if we do not even try? Anyone can do the the possible but the ones with the real passion aim for the impossible."

This has been my mantra my whole life. I live for the impossible, I love the impossible, I thrive with the impossible!! You should try it, it makes you feel so much better :-)

Also, I found out today that one of my dear friends from High School announced my blog as one of the winners of the Sunshine Award! I was shocked and so grateful as I did not really expect anyone to really read my blog (but I do know that you, Sascha's Daily Drama, do haha)

So a huge thank you is in order and of course I return the gesture!! I would highly recommend everyone to check out Sascha's Daily Drama in High Heels! She inspires me every day to never give up on my dream which is why she is an obvious winner of the Sunshine Award!
Ok, time to get dressed and ready to go downtown and enjoy the new year's sales!! Until later wonderful people
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie, just so you know: my blog has moved to:

    http://saschasdailydrama.blogspot.com

    ...see you there!

    ReplyDelete