AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

dreams dreams dreams

After surfing the net for godonlyknowshowmany jobs, I found myself more confused than ever. I know what I want to do with my life but getting there is not as easy. Until I can reach my goal I need to do something with my time other than volunteering (don't get me wrong it's amazing but unemployment is taking its toll). I was trying to figure out what other things I would like to spend my time with doing? I went over many different options, one that caught my interest was editors assistant at Sweden's largest publishing company. I saw in front of me how I run back and forth in the office (with a pair of Louboutin's), reading one manuscript after the other (on the treadmill), booking meetings, and so on, basically Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal. I researched this opportunity only to find that it was not what I thought, at all! So, I kept searching. I found a couple of interesting positions at law firms and sent my application immediately! I caught myself looking for jobs in fashion, but with no experience, other than pure passion landing a job is nowhere in sight! I love to walk around in shops and pick random things and put together various outfits. I checked out personal shopper (one step closer to professional stylist) but to get a job like that one has to work for the company and after a few years try out for this position, hmmm...I hope that in a few years I will be a lawyer and not trying to work my way up to becoming a stylist. However, S. is going to ask her former employer if I can intern for her (she is an up and coming designer, Patouf) so I am hoping that will go through, at least for a couple of months or so. It isn't paid but at least it is experience and that is more valuable than earning money at some other timewastingjob.

I am so proud of S. I must say! She lived in Italy where she studied and met her current boyfriend. They moved to Stockholm to try their luck but with little success and much frustration they moved back to Milano. While living in Italy, and here, she kept writing. She entered a contest on Cosmopolitan and won a 2 week (I think it was 2 weeks) "gig" at the magazine. She wrote articles and helped out at photoshoots, basically what every "fashionista in the making" dream of. She is now working as freelance journalist for Cosmo, and after moving back to Italy again, she started working as a junior editor at YOOX, loving her job. As she writes in her blog, she can't wait for Monday to come around so she can go back to work. One day I hope I will be able to say the same thing, hopefully sooner than later!!
After reading several different fashion blogs, online magazines, and so on I am craving a pair of Louboutins! Now more than ever!! Not only are these shoes sexy, sensual, and cute but they are also comfortable!! Beauty and comfort rarely go together but Mr. Christian Louboutin has succeeded. One day Monsieur Louboutin, I shall slip into your creations. I will protect, endulge, and treasure them. Match them with nothing less than gorgeous and glide down the streets, like a queen.
(just a few designs to show the art by Christian Louboutin)
(The genius himself!)
Ok, snapped back to reality, saved by the (door)bell. I can keep dreaming about sleeping with my Louboutin's but for now reality and making money is calling so until later my darlings!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie THANK YOU!!!!! That's such an amazing thing to say. After my depressed other half completely killed my Friday morning, you brought a smile to my face with this post! I want you to know that I am SO PROUD of you as well for never giving up on your law school dreams, and for your volunteer work (Audrey Hepburn was involved with UNICEF as well, and you know I love her). I'm so happy to inspire you to go for what you want - it's not easy, but then again, nothing worth having ever is!

    ReplyDelete