AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

back to 1999

(Akon feat Keri Hilson "Change Me")

I got a phone call today from my old boss asking me to help out at the shop because her son was getting sick. I reluctantly said yes because I know she wants me to stay there indefinitely and lord knows I went through hell just to get out. I told her I could help out every once in a while and leave an hour before they close. She looked at me and hesitantly accepted. She asked me why I could only work part time..I kindly told her I need to be home and make phone calls to the States at certain hours and work on my Law School applications, so she says....well, I will buy you a phonecard and we have a computer so you can do all that here in the shop...FUCK!!! I'M GONNA GET STUCK AGAIN!! Right before I get ready to leave one of my old regulars walks through the door. She is a lawyer and I LOVE HER!! She is a power woman yet very very elegant and someone I have looked up to since I was 16 years old....I start telling her what I have been up to the past couple of years and she totally understood me. I explained that people in Sweden do not understand I can work as a paralegal which leaves me applying for jobs like receptionist and assistant...which sucks because they only require High School diploma! I really hope I will get accepted to Law School for fall 2010 and get one step closer to my dream!! Anyways, she said that she would love to hire me but they are not offering any positions at her company but before she left she said she was going to look around and check for me...FINGERS CROSSED...MY DRY SPELL (in life haha) HAS TO END!!!! I left work and headed out to the mall (was supposed to meet up with a dear friend but because of my sudden change of plans I did not have time to meet her...ehem bitter? who me?! DUH). After a long day my feet were aching so I went home and started watching some movies.. again...

Yesterday I watched The Hangover and I was kind of disappointed. I expected to laugh my ass off but it was not as funny as the trailer showed. It was a fun movie with crazy shit happening (Alan..COME ON DUDE) but not enough I guess...I would rate it a 3/5 R's...unfortunately!! I had really looked forward to seeing that movie but my expectations were too high I suppose...Great cast though!

I also watched I Love You, Man...MAN, IT WAS HILARIOUS! I laughed so loud that my dad woke up (never usually wakes up), came to the kitchen looking pissed at me..he just gave me the death stare haha...I love Jason Segel, Paul Rudd, Adam Samberg, and many more...The witty lines, awkward scenarios, and "boys being boys", can be nothing but a HIT!! I would definitely rate it 5/5 R's haha...I know you might be thinking I give out high grades all the time but the movies I rate are movies I have been wanting to see and I am not an UPTIGHT, snobby, "think I know it all" film critic like many of them out there!! I love movies, whether they are stupid, romantic, deep, sad, and so on..I LOVE MOVIES!! Speaking of movies, The Confessions of a Shopaholic.. an ok movie..I would rate it 3/5 R's because it didn't have the little extra... The clothes were FABULOUS dahrrrling but the story, not so much! I enjoy Hugh Dacy, John Goodman, Joan Cusack and Isla Fisher's acting but it was not enough for me to really LOVE it. I probably have a bunch of fashion loving teenagers wanting to rip this entry to shreds but what can I say, this movie just didn't make the cut...With this I will leave you and hopefully enjoy yet another movie..Until later DAAHHRRRLIINGS

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment