AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Friday, April 24, 2009

What should I do?

After meeting with my counselor I have a lot of questions and options as what to do, but they all lead to me leaving the country, something I don't want to do...According to Homeland Security they received my papers exactly 60 after my graduation which is the deadline. However, I checked with the postal office and it stated that Homeland Security received my papers one week before their claim. The agent I spoke with said it takes a week to file the application..I don't give a shit how long it takes to file it, you wanted it there the latest Feb 24th and you had it Feb 17th...The reason was when they cashed the check Feb 26th, it bounced (remember the fraud on the 23rd on my account)..Had they done their job on time and cashed the check before the 23rd I would have NO problems at all!!! But of course my life lacks excitement so I need this extra headache..now that I am getting job offers!!! This absolutely BLOWS!!! I also called the Law School I applied to and they said my application JUST got completed and they will start to review it but it will take 6-8 weeks to get an answer. If I am wait listed I might get an answer the day of orientation...Imagine I am in Sweden and they tell me I got accepted. I will need an I-20, a new Visa, a ticket and fix Nala's papers!! How??? I am not super woman, you know!!!.....the agent at Homeland connected me to an officer and she told me that I can choose to reopen my case and explain the situation. If they accept it then I am set but if they decline (decision can take anywhere from a month to a couple of months) and I am still in the country without status then I have to leave. If I try to come back, say IF I get accepted to Law School, I can be denied entry at Port of Entry!! Isn't that a treat??!!! I am just all together confused while I try to fix anything I can....Does anyone have any ideas/advise I will be more than happy to hear them!!! Until later

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment