AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Monday, February 23, 2009

The book worm, correction: nerd

The little book nerd is back :) My friends always call me nerd because I would spend most of my school days reading as I majored in English Literature. I chose that major because I have always loved the English subject and LOVE reading....These past months I have not picked up a book (after a couple years of mandatory reading a break cries out in my head!!) but now my brain has had enough of rest....I looked through my TOO SMALL personal library (a must in my future home but it will be BIG) and found a sappy novel. It is perfect for my brain that does not want to be overworked...all the Blake, Henry James, Hemingway, De Bois, Faulkner, Angelou, Austen and of course my beloved Shakespeare and many many more will have to wait until I am ready again. Until then the sappy, semi-erotic, novels will do....
I understand why my friends call me book nerd..I get lost in my books and will finish a novel in one day...Sometimes I do not eat and stay up very late, or not go to sleep until I am done. I once finished a Harry Potter book in one night because I was so intrigued :) yes, I am a Harry Potter fan hahhaa...I read books and watch movies to disappear from this world and enjoy another time and in some cases another world. Now I have taken a break from my book but in the back of my head it's all about the world of Duncan and Gwynne hahahah....can't wait to get back to my reading...Reading is like therapy for me I have realized...

When I was a kid my parents were very strict when it came to bedtime...me and my brother had to go to sleep at a certain hour (unlike my spoiled sister :P) and the only time my parents would let me stay up was if I was reading a book. I have always had a passion for books, love the smell of old books and the turning page after page while indulging the words rushing off the page...anyways, I need to go back to my book because I have taken a too long of a break...Until later fellow readers...


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment