AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Monday, February 16, 2009

another day in NOT so sunny LA

Another day with pouring rain mixed with drizzle....feel like I am in Sweden during early fall and not LA!!! Come on sun, do what you are supposed to do, WARM US UP!!! I feel a little better today in comparison to yesterday (filled with tears all day and night). A. stayed up with me until 4 am (talking about heaven and earth...lots of memories..) on the phone. There were moments I was about to fall asleep but then we would talk about interesting things and just like that I was wide awake. We kept talking until she told me her ass had gotten numb (she was in the bathroom for some privacy because she shares a room with her sister who moved back home) so we hung up the phone but not until she made sure I was feeling better. I fell asleep almost right away...Morning was a little difficult but it is getting a little easier...I know S.F has probably landed in Syria so I hope I am gonna hear from her soon but she is probably busy...getting settled again...
Oh by the way I forgot to say I got my diploma in the mail a couple of weeks ago and my mom asked me about it this morning. She was asking where it was and I told her it was in my drawer...she was speechless...the phone was silent for a couple of seconds which was followed by:

Mom: FOR THREE YEARS YOU STUDY FOR YOUR BACHELOR DEGREE TO JUST PUT THE DIPLOMA IN A DRAWER!!!!!!! It better not be folded or wrinkled or anything like that!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! JUST UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Me: Mom, calm down. It is in an envelope...I will give it to you when I come back..but really it does not mean that much to me. It just means I am one step closer to my goal...

Mom: Well an important step. You have put down a lot of time and effort to get this degree so it does mean something. It sure does mean something to us!!

Me: Which is why I am gonna give it to you when I get there...

Mom: You could sound a little more excited for your accomplishment!

Me: I will when I graduate law school...

Mom: (sigh) ok, you win. Just take care of the diploma so I can hang it on the wall next to your brother's.

I don't mean to upset my parents but it's just that I am not too excited about the BA as I literally see it as a step. I am a proud owner of a degree but I will be VERY happy and proud when I am holding my law degree in my hand....

Again, I don't know how I ended up writing about this, my mind is all over the place...A. told me that the mystery shopper thing might be a scam (some are and some are legit) and if the company I got offers from is a scam then the person doing the job would owe the bank money (talking thousands of dollars)...this is something I cannot afford to get in trouble with...S. is checking all kinds of websites and asking all her teachers that are affiliated with legal matters so I know if I can get in trouble or not. Can you imagine, another problem I really do not need!!

S.F just called me!!!! Now I feel a lot better...her flight went ok with exception of tears and some minor issues with the plane. She is taking it day by day for now...I just hung up the phone and I can't wait to talk to her again...

Now I have to figure out what to eat because H. asked me like 2 hours ago so for her not to bite my head off I must start thinking....Until later sweet people
(Better think faster so I won't be the first to go)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how people always think LA's all sun? Yeah moms are like that...can't live with 'em, can't live without'em...

    ReplyDelete