AMOR VINCIT OMNIA ~ LOVE CONQUERS ALL!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

now I am maaad

I just went over my law school application and stumbled upon something that just pissed me off!!! To apply to a school one has to pay, which is understandable I guess (not needed in Sweden as far as I can remember) and the schools I wanted to apply to charge 60+ dollars each. To be able to get all this info I had to register to something called LSAC. I read there that I need to register for something called LSDAS and it costs 117 DOLLARS JUST TO REGISTER!! On top of the "basic fee" each application will cost 12 dollars..This will all lead to 60+117+12+125ish=BLOOD, SWEAT, AND TEARS!!! What the hell do these people want...I mean this is an education and people should have the ability to go to school and make something of themselves (not everyone can succeed wout an education) and applying should not be what is in the way of not getting an education....The site also states that there is a fee waiver so I got a little hopeful but guess what, "You must be a US citizen, a US national, or a permanent resident alien of the United States with an Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-151 or I-551) to use this online fee waiver application". WTF!!! I am an F-1 Visa student and of course I pay shit loads of money (a lot more than the ones mentioned above) just to go to school and try to survive without the possibility to work and now I won't even get the same freaking opportunity to waive the damn fee...DAMNATION TO DREAMS AND ASPIRATIONS!!!!!! So much for trying to build a stable future for myself!!!! Now I shall go and release my anger somewhere no one can get hurt because once it comes out there is no stopping it!! SO DON'T TRY TO STOP ME!!!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Eller hur, valdigt irriterande....
    Tack for uppmuntran as usual, vi maste kampa pa
    bade du och jag, mot vara odds har i vara drommars land. De gor det sa svart for en att vara har sa det ar ofattbart - och anda ar vi har, det betyder i alla fall att vi foljer vart hjarta eller hur? Och jag tror, att hjartat ar det som visar en vagen, vi far forsoka tanka pa det nar man har lust att kasta in handduken. I slutandan ar det vi som vinner - och du vet, efter en bitter strid smakar vinet battre...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's hopeless. I had to pay 150€ just to APPLY TO TAKE THE TEST to be admitted to my school. I'd laugh at how desperate they are in milking money from anything and anyone, but the ones it damages in the end are the people trying to get an education...

    PS. don't know if you'll get this comment twice but it's before it said "error" before so I decided to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one can stop you dear...you're like the little energizer bunny that just keeps on going and going and going...just keep swimming dear...when life gets to hard...just keep swimming...keep your head held high!!! S.

    ReplyDelete